- professional English speaking local guides, highly trained & safety certified to international standards in first aid and WRT
- professional safety kayakers
- state of the art rafting equipment including rafts, paddles, helmets, life jackets, dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes, throw bags, repair kits etc.
- Top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, sleeping bags etc.
- fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
- round trip local bus transportation (sometimes private 4WD, micro-van or big bus & sometimes tourist bus)
- industry standard first aid kits
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc…
- items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
- alcohol and junk food
- plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
- insurance **we provide insurance for our crew – but participants must be properly insured through an emergency travel plan**
- Tips for guides
With 60 rapids over 60 kilometers the Kali Gandaki River Rafting is a thrill a minute! Named after the goddess of destruction, Kali, that’s why it is Nepal’s most holy river. Rising in the mystical region of Mustang, it drops off the roof of the world only to carve out the world’s deepest river gorge. As you roar through turbulent rapids, dodging huge boulders and sliding down glistening chutes into churning, frothy whirlpools, your adventure is set against the backdrop of the Annapurna range, its snowcapped peaks suspended in view through 120 kilometers of wilderness area and shadowy canyons of stone.
As you pass isolated villages precariously clinging to terraces high above the river, you will hear the melodic greeting of “Namaste” from the children. Locals and pilgrims alike worship Kali’s holy river, and at every confluence one can see the fire rings from many cremations. We will also float past the Shiva temple at Rubra Beni.
On the last day we meet the largest rapids, providing a thrilling climax to the journey of a lifetime! Kali Gandaki River Rafting has no warm up days on this river, you are straight into the action with bumpy, fast, and medium level rapids challenging you at every turn. Both experienced and first time rafters will enjoy the exciting rapids of the Kali Gandaki. At high water the Kali Gandaki is a Grade 4 river.