- professional English speaking local guides, highly trained & safety certified to international standards in first aid and WRT
- professional safety kayakers
- state of the art rafting equipment including rafts, paddles, helmets, life jackets, dry tops, wetsuits, dry bags, pelican boxes, throw bags, repair kits etc.
- Top of the line camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, personal tents, tarpaulins, mattresses, sleeping bags etc.
- fresh, delicious & hygienically prepared food while on the river, including tea, coffee & hot chocolate as well as drinking water
- round trip local bus transportation (sometimes private 4WD, micro-van or big bus & sometimes tourist bus)
- industry standard first aid kits
- Unrelated transportation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc…
- items of a personal nature (toiletries, clothing, camera etc)
- alcohol and junk food
- plastic bottled mineral water **we prefer to treat local stream water and help preserve our environment**
- insurance **we provide insurance for our crew – but participants must be properly insured through an emergency travel plan**
- Tips for guides
The Sun Koshi, meaning, Golden River, flows through the great valley between the Mahabharat ranges. It forms the watershed for most of the Eastern Nepal, gathering strength from many glaciers fed tributaries on its way to India and the Ganges. Sun Koshi River Rafting is a unique experience, a rare combination of scenic beauty, cultural encounters and exciting whitewater and out-in below from village of Lamosangu to the take-out at Chatara in nine days and one hundred sixty mile. After taking out at Chatara, the group takes land rovers to the city of Biratnagar from where they fly to Kathmandu the next morning. The return flight is a memorable experience and a perfect finale to the trip, the plane follows the Sun Koshi valley most of the way, it has a panoramic view of the river and the great Himalayan peaks soaring above it to the north.
Day 01 : Drive to Balephi, the raft put in point (3hrs will be exercise for the learner rafters. The area is scenic and panoramic. Camp set at Dolalghat. Enjoy the Dinner and camp fire.
Day 02 : After having Breakfast we paddle down to encounter with challenge of
Day 03 : Until the confluence with the Likhu Khola, we have short easy rafting and rapids are only iii class.
Day 04 : After facing a several 3+rapids, we stop for a while to buy some necessary provisions and beers.
Day 05 : After the confluence with the Dudhkoshi River from Mt.Everest, the river becomes wide in size. But very soon we meet the
Day 06 : Today is the hard day as you will encounter with V class rapids
Day 07 : Relax yourselves because you paddle too much for couple of days.
Day 08 : Great waves not a big rapid so you can ask our kayakers to instruct you about how to roll.
Day 09 : Today we are going to face the last rapid of this trip