- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation Kathmandu breakfast included. (4 nights on twin sharing)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by car / van / bus.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
- Langtang National Park permits.
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag by Base Camp Adventure (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- First aid medical kid.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Official expanse.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Ama Dablam is known as one of the most impressive mountains in the world, not for its altitude, but for its beauty, aesthetics and the pure exposure encountered high on its flanks. Most parties attempt the SW ridge, climbing expedition style, fixing ropes, ferrying loads, and acclimatizing slowly. The mountain has gained in popularity over the past 8 years. It’s common to encounter high altitude Everest veterans having problems with the technical difficulties encountered on the crux pitches of this climb. Mt Ama Dablam Expedition is unique and challenging trekking.
The climb feels like a 5.8 – 5.9 depending on conditions but it’s really hard to say because I have always worn plastic boots, and all the climbing is above 6000M. I would have to recommend allowing 5 weeks for this expedition, taking into consideration bad weather, sickness, and multiple summit attempts.
Information about how the peak gets its name:
Mother and her Necklace , Mother’s Charm Box , Mother’s Jewel Box “Ama” means mother, grandmother or even world. “Dablam” means charm box, and is a special pendant worn by elder Sherpa women that holds precious items. The mountain has a hanging glacier that resembles a dablam and the two extending ridges are outstreched like a maternal embrace.”
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 : Free in Kathmandu optional kathmandu city sightseeing, Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Official works for expedition and briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04 : Kathmandu â€“ Lukla by flight then trek to Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 05 : Phakding â€“ Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 06 : Namche â€“ Acclimatization & rest. Teahouse Lodge
Day 07 : Namche Bazar â€“ Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 08 : Thyangboche â€“ Ama Dablam Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 09-25 : Climbing period for Ama Dablam expedition. Tented Camping.
Day 26 : Ama Dablam Base camp â€“ Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 27 : Thyangboche â€“ Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 28 : Namche Bazaar â€“ Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 29 : Phakding â€“ Lukla then transfer to Khumbu Resort.Teahouse Lodge
Day 30 : Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel Overnight.
Day 31 : Free leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 32 : Departure, transfer to airport for your onward.