Everest Base Camp Three passes trek, also known as Everest Three High Pass trek, is one of the best alternatives to the casual Everest Base Camp Trek. This journey takes you to all the major places of the Everest region including the Everest Base Camp (5364m), Kala Patthar (5545m), and the three major passes; Cho La (5420m), Renjo La (5360m), Kongma La (5535m).
Along with this, the trek gets more special as you explore the unexplored section of Gokyo Valley and Gokyo Lakes. Hiking to Gokyo Ri (5360m) is another highlight of this trek. Also, the view from Gokyo Ri provides the best panoramic view of the Everest range. Plus, there is an excursion to the higher Gokyo Lakes like the fourth and fifth ones. On the top of it, the beautiful glaciers like Ngozumpa, which is also the highest in the entire Himalayan region. And not to forget, the outstanding views of the humongous peaks like Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, Ama Dablam, and whatnot.
Believe it or not, the Everest Base Camp Three passes trek is a wholesome journey that is like the ultimate adventure. Thus, if you’re an adventure lover, who feels fit to take on adverse physical challenges, this trek is for you. And we, at Base Camp Adventure, will make sure this journey is well supervised and fully hassle-free.
If you opt to go with us, the trek will take 18 days to complete. The starting point of the Everest Three High Passes trek is Kathmandu. You will take an early morning flight from here to Tenzing Hillary Airport, Lukla. The flight is also the highlight as the airport is a challenging feat in itself. Plus, it’s scenic as you can have great aerial views of the whole Khumbu & Kathmandu valley.
After reaching Lukla, your trekking officially begins. You follow the usual route upto Dingboche. In this stretch, the route progresses through major destinations like Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, and Dingboche. From Dingboche, you’ll head to Chhukung, Lobuche, and embark Kongma La Pass, the first pass that you encounter.
Thereafter, you follow the climb to Everest Base Camp (5364m) and Kala Patthar (5545m). Kala Patthar is the vantage point of the Everest Base Camp trek. You’ll enjoy the fabulous views of Everest, Nuptse, Changtse, Lhotse, and many smaller peaks. They include Awi Peak (5245m), Arakam Tse (6423m), Cholatse (6335m).
Then, the trek moves to Gokyo valley & Gokyo lakes going from the remaining two passes Renjo la and Cho la. You get back to Lungden from there and retrace your steps to Namch then Lukla. You take flight back to Kathmandu and this marks the end of your trek.
The region you trek encompasses a variety of floral & faunal species. You walk through the Sagarmatha National Park. It’s rich in rare species like red panda, snow leopard, dazzling pheasants (crimson-horned & Impeyan), pikas, martens, and more. Talking about ethnicity, the whole region shows the dominance of Sherpa culture & tradition. The whole Khumbu region is also famous because of Sherpas as it’s often reckon as ‘Land of Sherpas’. They are the brave-hearted superheroes who not only help carry your heavy loads but also welcome you to their place whole-heartedly.
If you’re here on the trek in their major festivals like Tiji, Losar, Dumje, and Mani Rimdu, you’ll get to enjoy more. They easily let you be a part of their feasting, drinking and singing.
Hence, in every aspect, Everest Three Pass trek is the best ever challenge an adventure lover could opt for. The grade of the trek is very strenuous, so besides good preparation, you’ll need experienced guidance. And Base Camp Adventure is all here for it.
So,when are you planning to celebrate the most adventurous ride of your life? If you need any help or info, don’t forget to contact us.
Things to Experience in Everest Three Pass Trek 18 Days
- Experience the wholesome activities that you would do in treks like Everest Base Camp trek and Everest Gokyo Valley Trek
- Embark all the highest vantage points of the Everest region like Everest Base Camp(5364m) and Kala Patthar (5545m)
- Set your foot on all the three major passes; Kongma La Pass (5535m), Renjo La (5360m), and Cho La (5420m)
- Explore the beautiful Gokyo Tso (Lakes), Gokyo Valley, and visit Gokyo Ri (5360m)
- Fabulous panorama of majestic peaks like Everest (8848m), Nuptse (7861m), Changtse (7543m), Lhotse (8516m), Cho Oyu (8153m), and Makalu (8485m)
- Have a close look into beautiful glaciers like the longest Ngozumpa, Khumbu glacier, Khumbu Icefalls, and many more
- Visit the oldest monasteries of the region; Tengboche Monastery and Dingboche monastery
- Go to traditional village of Khumjung, explore the ancient Khumjung monastery, and the legendary Khumjung school
- Full exploration of the major capital of Khumbu region i.e. Namche Bazaar and its surrounding places & free market
- Celebrate the success of your journey at the world’s highest pub, at 11000ft, in Namche Bazaar
- Explore the unexplored settlements like Dingboche, Chhukung, Dzongla, Lungden, Thame, etc
- A memorable and scenic flight to/from Lukla’s famous Tenzing Hillary Airport
- Flexible modification of itinerary according to your availability & comfort
- If feasible, a half-day sightseeing in Kathmandu going to places like Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, Durbar Squares, etc
Everest Three Pass Trek Altitude Chart