The Gokyo valley is a scenic mountain valley in the majestic Everest region. This unique trekking journey to Gokyo Valley takes you through the diverse foothills of the Himalayas. The trekking route of this trek deviates from the mainstream Everest Base Camp trek. This peaceful trek is less crowded and is thus suitable for a tranquil adventure.
Trekkers can observe spectacular natural vistas and traverse through fantastic Himalayan foothills. The trail of this Gokyo valley trek starts from Lukla where we arrive through a Himalayan flight from Kathmandu. Then, the trekkers trek through regular EBC routes passing through Phakding and Namche Bazar. After acclimatizing at Namche, the path deviates from the traditional EBC trek and leads you to Dole.
We will then trek past various village settlements before arriving at Machermo. After resting for a day, we will leave Machermo to arrive at Gokyo. The trail passes through the left path of Dudh Koshi River and crosses the famous Ngozumpa Glacier. Gokyo village (4750m) is a beautiful settlement where you can see many Yak herding.
After hiking to Gokyo Ri (5360m) and exploring around, you will trek back to Dole. Finally, you will retrace back and return to Namche and Lukla. After an incredible trekking journey, you will fly back to Kathmandu. This fantastic trek takes you through the unbeaten, untraced paths. The Gokyo Lakes are a freshwater group of lakes and a sacred site for locals.
Other glaciers, glacial rivers, and small lakes enchant travelers during their journey. This trek also provides trekkers with an opportunity for cultural exploration. Rural monasteries, chortens, gompas, village settlements are present during these trails. Your trekking guide will help you to interact with locals and work as a translator.
We provide this outstanding trek package at an ideal cost. This article provides you with the Gokyo valley trek itinerary, best time, difficulty level, and others in detail.
Highlights of this Trek
- Trekking in the beautiful landscapes of the Gokyo Valley
- Observing the Himalayas and sunrises/sunsets from various viewpoints
- Excursion around Gokyo lakes and its surrounding village settlement
- Visiting various landmarks of Namche Bazaar, including Sherpa museum
- Exploring cultural landscapes, traditional lifestyle, and heritage of the local community
- Endangered wildlife exploration of the region
- Hiking to Gokyo Ri summit and observing majestic views
- Incredible hospitality of local Sherpa people
Gokyo Valley Trek Altitude Chart