Buddhism is a significant religion in the world followed by a large number of people. The rich Buddhist culture and heritage of Nepal bring hundreds of pilgrims to this country. There are many ancient monuments and pilgrimage sites as well. This Buddhist Tour is an ideal opportunity for travelers to explore the cultural landscapes of the country.
Lord Buddha was born as Siddharth Gautam in Lumbini, Nepal. The landmarks like the Birthplace of Lord Buddha, Mayadevi Temple, Lord Buddha’s seven steps are pretty significant. This beautiful tour is also informational and educational. You can explore the different cultural heritage of the region as well.
Our Buddhist tour starts with a hike to scenic Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple) and Boudhanath. We also visit the significant Pharping Monastery and explore Taudaha lake. The travelers will visit the Kapan Monastery on the next day.
Namo Buddha monastery on the outskirts of the Kathmandu valley will enchant all travelers. The beautiful architecture and majestic views of snow-capped mountains are a highlight of this tour. After exploring these incredible Buddhist monuments, we will travel outside the Kathmandu valley.
Firstly, we will fly to Bharatpur and make our way to the Lumbini and visit the birthplace of Lord Buddha. The monastic region in Lumbini has many monasteries of different countries, including Japanese Monastery, Chinese Monastery, Thailand Monastery, and others. The Buddhist pilgrimage site is of great religious and spiritual significance.
Moreover, you will also get to visit the famous Ashoka pillar, Maya Devi temple, Seven Steps in Lumbini. You will visit places like Kapilvastu, Kudan, Tilaurakot, and other Buddhist monuments. Read on for the detailed itinerary of the Buddhist Tour in Nepal and additional related information.
Highlights of the Tour
- Exploring incredible Buddhist landmarks including Swayambhunath and Boudhanath of Kathmandu valley
- Visiting the monasteries like Pharping, Namobuddha, Kapan monastery, and Taudaha
- Visiting Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha
- Exploring Tilaurakot and Kudan and other Buddhist monuments
- Experiencing the peaceful atmosphere of the Lumbini monastic zone
- The pilgrimage of Maya Devi temple and the Ashok pillar
- Incredible hospitality of the Nepalese people