Langtang is a narrow valley that lies just south of the Tibetan border. It is sandwiched between the main Himalayan range to the north and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south. Langtang Lirung (7246m.) dominates the valley to the north; Gang Chhenpo (6388m.) and Naya Kangri (5846m.) lie to the south; and Dorje Lakpa (6966m.) protects the east end of the valley. The area was designated Nepal’s first Himalayan national park in 1971.
Langtang has over 70 glaciers of varying sizes; the Langtang and Ganesh Himal mountain ranges. The three major areas are Langtang, Gosainkunda (a holy lake 4300m) and Helambu, which is combined in many different ways to make treks from 7 to more than 16 days. Hence, the name –Lang in Tibetan means ‘yak’ and ‘tang’ means ‘to follow’. Yaks still live in the valley. Other remarkable places on this trip are Gosain Kunda (4610m.) and Helambu.
Gosainkunda is a sacred lake, which is very important for both Hindus and Buddhists. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit the lake during a full moon festival that is observed on August every year.
Helambu valley is very famous for its natural beauty and wonderful climate with the superb views of the magnificent snow-covered mountains. The area covers typical highland Sherpa villages along with beautiful Rhododendron forests. This region extends from the north to Taramarang to the Gosainkund Lake and the lower Jugal Himal from the north. The valley is approached from Trishuli River Valley, north of Kathmandu.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation Kathmandu breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by car / van / bus.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
- Langtang National Park permits.
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag by Base Camp Adventure (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- First aid medical kits.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.