New Destination for sustainable tourism.
The Tsum Valley Trek is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in a Trans Himalayan region of Gorkha, Nepal. The Tsum Valley’s acquaintance with Tibet, natural beauty and its pristine culture make this trekking unique. Tsum comes from the Tibetan work ‘Tsombo’, which means vivid. Against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Baudha Himal ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture, and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a unique dialect. Trails are strewn with artistic chortens and lined with mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with deities and prayers.
The Tsum valley has a long history of Buddhism. The Buddhist saint Milarepa is believed to have meditated in the caves of there mountains. Traditionally Tsum valley was a culturally distinct geographical area called ‘Tsum Tso Chuksum’, which means thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. The ancient remains of the Tsum Kingdom are still visible today. Due to its remoteness and inaccessibility, this sacred valley and its people have been bypassed by mainstream development for centuries. As a result, the unique culture of this valley has remained intact.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard accommodation Kathmandu breakfast included. (4 nights on twin sharing)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by car / van / bus.
- All your standard Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek (mainly in twin sharing).
- A local government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek.
- The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine and transportation for all trekking/tour staff.
- All necessary trekking permits and national park entry fees
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel/kit bag by Base Camp Adventure (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- First aid medical kit.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipments.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
- Sightseeing/Monuments entrance fees in Kathmandu.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.