27 Days Upper Dolpo Trekking: Upper Dolpo is a beautiful region that remains hidden behind snow-covered mountains in the mid-western part of Nepal. The unique culture and lifestyle along with incredible natural beauty will make you fall in love with the place.
The region remains one of the most unexplored regions of Nepal. 27 days Upper Dolpo Trekking adventure will take you through off-the-beaten trails in the remote parts of the country. The spectacular trek is a perfect opportunity to explore the wilderness of the Himalayan region of Nepal.
It is less popular when compared to classic treks like Annapurna Base Camp Trek or Everest Base Camp Trek but is quite adventurous. Trekkers will also pass through natural habitats of rare and endangered species in the protected area of Shey-Phoksundo National Park.
Besides, you will fly to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu and then fly to Juphal, a town of Dolpo. Afterward, you will then trek for around four days to reach beautiful turquoise Phoksundo Lake.
You can explore the lake and its surrounding, as you enter the Dolpo region crossing high passes and trekking rugged terrains. Moreover, it will take around two weeks until you reach Juphal from where you take for your flight back to Nepalgunj and finally to Kathmandu.
For the most part, you will observe numerous Buddhist gompas and monasteries along trails. Tibetan influenced culture, tradition and lifestyle will enchant you. Trekkers need to stay overnight at a tented camp as tea houses are not available in most parts of the trek. One of the prime highlights of this trek is a chance to meet nomadic tribes and people.
In brief, our Upper Dolpo Trek cost is reasonable and all-inclusive of meals and accommodation facilities. Read further to know more about 27 days Upper Dolpo trekking and other relevant information in detail.
Highlights of the Trip
- Observing scenic views of snow-capped mountains including Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Mt Api, Mt Saipal, etc.
- Exploring turquoise Phoksundo Lake and the Shey-Phoksundo National Park
- Exploration of culture, heritage, and lifestyle of Tibetan Buddhists villages and ancient Bon culture and tradition
- Spotting rare and endangered wildlife species including Musk deer, Snow leopard, and others
- Passing through pristine waterfalls, streams, and riverbeds
- Majestic view of Kanjirowa and Crystal Mountain Range (Ribo Drugta)
- Observing people looking for Yarchagumba, a precious herb used as medicines
- Exploring Shey-Gompa (4500m) via Kang-La Pass at 5,360m (the highest point of this trek)
- Passing through nomadic tribes and settlements
- Visit monasteries, stupas, and gompas like Shey Gompa, Yangze Gompa, Bon Gompa, Namgung Monastery, and others
You may also like:
The Final Say
Upper Dolpo is a beautiful hidden trek in the mid-western part of Nepal. The culture and lifestyle along with incredible natural beauty is a highlight of the trek. Trekkers will also pass through natural trails of Shey-Phoksundo National Park.
27 days Upper Dolpo Trekking lets you explore remote parts of the country. In particular, trekkers also have the opportunity to explore Buddhist culture and traditions and gompas and monasteries along trails. You can also meet nomadic tribes and people. Overall, this spectacular trekking adventure is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Contact us for more details regarding this exciting trek!