Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most popular trekking routes of Nepal and it is relatively new. It is perfect throughout the year but Manaslu trek in September, October, November is most famous among them.
Manaslu trek offers you everything that a classic trek offers. It includes beautiful landscapes, ancient culture, and local people. In addition to this, you will view the 8 different peaks above 7500m with different flora and fauna all around the trekking routes. If you are lucky enough you will see wild animals like Snow Leopard, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Tahr.
Though the Manaslu Circuit trek is not as popular as Everest Base Camp trek and Annapurna Base Camp trek, it greets several hundreds of tourists every year. The remoteness and undisturbed natural beauty is both an advantage and disadvantage of this trek. It attracts some tourists whereas some tourists feel the risk to go over this region for the trek.
Trekking towards the Manaslu region gives you the lifetime experience through its beautiful landscape and majestic vistas of the great Himalayan range. Choosing the perfect destination is not enough, you should also select the comfortable weather.
Trekking season and weather also affect your journey. Each season comes with its own flavor and limitations. The Autumn season starts from September and ends in November. Manaslu Trek offers you the clear, bright skies with soothing temperature.
The Autumn season is the best season for trekking in any part of Nepal. With the perfect view of mountains and rivers, you will continue your trek through the Manaslu region. The trails may be full of crowds because it is the peak of tourist season.
This season has less or almost no chance of rainfall. Due to all of these benefits Manaslu trek in September, October, November is regarded as the best time to visit around this region.
- Highlights of Manaslu Trek in September, October, and November
- Manaslu Trek in September
- Manaslu Trek in October
- Manaslu Trek in November
- The weather of Manaslu Trek in September, October, November
- Some essential tips for the Manaslu trek
- Pros and Cons of Manaslu trek in Autumn
- Essential gear and equipment for Manaslu trek
- Permits for the Manaslu trek in Autumn
- Advantages of Manaslu trek in September, October, November
- Limitations of Manaslu trek in September, October, November
Highlights of Manaslu Trek in September, October, and November
- Walkthrough the undisturbed beauty of the Manaslu region.
- There are fewer crowds as compared to other trekking circuits.
- Exploration of lesser-known and hidden valleys of the Manaslu Circuit.
- Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the most adventurous trekking routes in Nepal.
- You can reach up to the Tibetan border which is on the northern side of the Manaslu region.
- During this trek, you will see the beautiful mountains like Mount Manaslu 8163m, Simrang, Hiunchuli, Ngadi, Ganesh Himal, and a few more.
- It takes you to antique monasteries, chortens, and gompas of this region.
- You will get inspiration from the tradition and lifestyle of Tibetan Buddhist culture.
- Also, you can explore the Tsum valley.
Manaslu Trek in September
September is the start of the Autumn season in Nepal which is also a post-monsoon period. Within the month of September too, you will experience different weather and temperature. During the first week of September, you might experience some rainfall that disappears as September progresses.
Monsoon clouds become active usually in late afternoon or evening. As September reaches towards its mid-level, the rain stops and the temperature starts going down. It makes the weather more stable and dry. The skies are clear and provide the picture-perfect view of snow-capped mountains. As you ascend higher, the temperature goes on decreasing.
Manaslu trek in September attracts tourists more than in any other month. The days are warmer but nights are quite cold. It is normal if the temperature goes below the freezing point. Manaslu trek in Autumn takes you to a height of 700m to 5160m.
The average temperature on the higher altitude is 7°C at the altitude of 3860m that goes up to 21°C at the lower Manaslu region like Bagat 1290m.
Manaslu Trek in October
October is the most pleasant time to visit the Manaslu Circuit Trek. This is the perfect month within the Autumn season. The weather is pleasant and stable which provides a clear sky. It is neither too hot nor too cold for trekking around the Manaslu region.
October is one of the busiest months of this season and a perfect month to explore the rare and undisturbed beauty of the Manaslu area. This region will be full of trekkers and adventure travelers. It would be better if you pre-book your transportation, food, and accommodations.
This month also hosts the two prominent Hindu festivals of Nepal and they are Dashain and Tihar. Manaslu in Autumn, especially in October offers you the best weather. Average temperature lies between 13-25°C in Manaslu during the month of October.
The average temperature of the day time fluctuates between 15 to 16°C. As altitude increases, the temperature continues to decrease and at night the temperature can go below -1°C. The temperature around the places above 4000m falls below -2°C.
Manaslu Trek in November
The end of the Autumn season starts with November. It is the perfect month to travel around Manaslu area because after this, it starts getting more cold and dry. November is one of the driest months of the Autumn season.
As you get to the higher altitude, the temperature goes down and it may fall below the freezing points. There is also an annual Manaslu Trail Race/Marathon in the Autumn season. If you are interested, you can join this marathon or even avoid it.
The temperature remains around 12°C at Arughat 3087m, which is also the starting point of your Manaslu trek. The minimum temperature can go up to -3°C at places like Samagaon and Samdo 3690m.
The weather of Manaslu Trek in September, October, November
Manaslu trek in September, October, November is arguably the best season to travel around this region. This is the Autumn season (September-November) which is neither too cold nor too hot. You may see the most perfect view of Sky and mountains only in this season.
The environment feels stable and peaceful which is the perfect time to climb Larke Peak. Being one of the busiest seasons of the year, the prices for various legal permits also goes up. The Autumn season comes with its own flavor and uniqueness. Each month of this season provides you different colors and texture to your Manaslu trek journey.
Similar articles you may like:
Some essential tips for the Manaslu trek
- It is always best to travel in the Autumn season because you have to face fewer difficulties as compared to other seasons.
- Carrying crampons can be beneficial for you in these conditions.
- Bring your tent, sleeping bags, and a few other equipments, if you are planning to travel in the Winter season.
- Training and a few cardio exercises always benefit you while traveling through these trekking trails.
- It is always better not to drink or smoke because it only worsens the conditions.
- Drink plenty of water, eat energy bars and keep going through the trails with proper rest from time to time.
- Altitude sickness is always a major challenge in high-altitude treks like Manaslu so prepare yourself for these conditions.
Pros and Cons of Manaslu trek in Autumn
Every season has its own pros and cons. While trekking through the Manaslu Circuit in Autumn season you need to understand that it has some limitations too. Some of the limitations are as below:
- There are fewer crowds.
- It has an ideal temperature for trekking.
- The sky is clear and the days are bright and sunny.
- As November starts, the temperature slows down.
- Experience both the Monsoon and Autumn season within the month of September.
- The initial week of September offers you rain and slippery trails.
- The environment is quite humid as Monsoon is about to leave.
- Earlier booking of food and accommodation is necessary.
- Trails are also full of crowds.
- As the season comes to an end the temperature starts to drop.
Essential gear and equipment for Manaslu trek
Yes, it is the perfect season for trekking in the Manaslu region of Nepal. However, you need to carry some basic gear and equipment to complete this Manaslu trek without any hassle. Autumn is dry and mild weather which provides a tremendous temperature, perfect for trekking.
The temperature still varies as you move towards the higher altitudes. Even though it is the Autumn season still you might experience rain in early September. Some of the essential gear and equipment for Manaslu trek in September, October, November are as below:
- Trekking boots
- Waterproof socks
- Woolen socks
- Hiking Sandals
- Trekking shirts
- Insulated Jackets
- Waterproof jacket
- Windproof jacket
- Trekking shorts, pants, and trousers
- Rain Gear
Head and Hand gears
- Sun Hat
- UV protection sunglasses
- Head Scarf
- Lightweight gloves (windproof and waterproof)
Toiletries and Personal hygiene
- Quick-drying towel
- Small mirror
- Multipurpose soap
- Body and face moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Wet wipes
- Toilet roll
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit
- Water Bottles
- Water purification tablet or liquid
- Trail Map/Guide
- Small notebooks and pencils
Permits for the Manaslu trek in Autumn
Manaslu region is not widely opened as other trekking trails in Nepal. It is done in order to protect the ethnic culture, tradition, and lifestyle of people around Manaslu region. Tsum Valley is another great option to travel around which is new, as it was only open to travelers from 2008.
Some of the permits that you may require to enter the restricted and normal trekking routes are as below:
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit (ACAP)
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
- Special Restricted Area Permit for Manaslu (Manaslu RAP)
- Manaslu Conservation Area Project Permit (MCAP)
- TSUM Valley Restricted Area Permit (If you choose to visit Tsum Valley too)
Advantages of Manaslu trek in September, October, November
Autumn is the best season to travel due to several valid reasons. Due to the following factors, you can easily understand why Manaslu trek in Autumn is the best time to travel around this part of the country.
Autumn (September-November) brings the best atmosphere to hike around the Manaslu region. It also brings perfect temperature which allows you to trek easily and comfortably. Monsoon is on its way to leave, so temperature automatically balances itself.
There is less humidity in the air so the environment becomes drier. The temperature also starts decreasing as you move towards the higher altitudes. Early September can bring you rain but it disappears as September moves forward. October is the best month among all three in this Autumn season. You will get a slight hint of Winter as November starts.
You will start to feel the beauty of Autumn only from Mid-September. The ending of Monsoon fades away the clouds and brings you the clear sky. It will give you the opportunity to view the majestic views of the great Himalayan range.
You will see the seasonal fruits and vegetables walking through the trekking trails. The paddies in the fields turn into golden and hills are covered with Orange trees. The late-November brings the season of harvesting crops.
The Autumn season around the Manaslu region is much safer than any other season. This trek is also ideal for beginners as the trails are easy and the season is perfect. The danger of landslides or avalanches is not frequent in Manaslu Circuit which makes it safer than other trekking routes.
There is little or no chance of rainfall so the routes are in proper conditions without being slippery. No rain means fewer leeches, mosquitoes, bugs, etc. in the trails.
The Autumn season is also a festive season in Nepal. It brings several festivals in Nepal like Dashain and Tihar. These two festivals are major festivals of Nepal especially, the Hindu people. You will be a part of the tradition, culture, and beliefs of Hindu people.
This is the best season for trekking in Nepal, the business and gathering of tourists in the teahouse increases. Manaslu Trek is also a teahouse trek in Nepal so there are various tea houses throughout the trekking routes.
Pre-booking of the teahouses may be necessary because it is the peak of tourist season. You may not find the proper rooms and services according to your choice. But, in the Winter season, the tea houses go out of service due to extreme cold, you need to be extra careful if you are planning to travel in the Winter season.
Limitations of Manaslu trek in September, October, November
September, October, and November fall under the Autumn season and Autumn is one of the most popular trekking seasons in Nepal. Manaslu is no exception in this regard, there are heavy crowds throughout the trails and even in teahouses.
There is nothing like privacy because you see tourists everywhere in the trekking trails. You will feel rush in the environment and you may miss some beauty and tradition of the Manaslu Circuit.
As demand for food and accommodation increases due to peak season, the owner of tea houses increases the price of everything. If it was off-season or regular season, you might get the same room and food at a much lower price. The price of tickets, gears, food, and accommodation, etc. goes up.
There are plenty of tea houses throughout the path of Manaslu Circuit Trek. Saying that you cannot ignore the fact that this is a peak of tourist season. Nepal is the perfect destination for every adventure lover throughout the world. Most of the tea houses are full so it would be hard to find the rooms of your choice. It is best if you pre-book the accommodation so there is no second thought in your mind.
Few related packages you may like: